When it comes to wellbeing, employers often find themselves challenged by how to approach a shift from a traditional wellness model to a comprehensive and holistic program that supports the whole person. Below you'll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Have a safe and healthy week!
- Discovering Your Productivity Profile – We each have a productivity profile. There are certain things that we do well, and other things that we fall short on. With the uncertainty in the world right now, it’s easy to default to what is easiest and most comfortable. Learn how to tap into areas of opportunity to be more productive and engaged.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- Do You Take Things Personally? (And Who Doesn’t?) Here’s How to Stop – When we can push our ego aside and take things less personally, we can experience more harmony and connection between us and others. This article shares some helpful strategies.
- Success, Stress, and Money: Lessons from a Financial Therapist – If your own money anxiety has you feeling trapped and unable to make decisions in your life, this podcast episode may help. This discussion features Amanda Clayman, a psychotherapist specializing in financial wellness. Amanda helps her clients uncover the motivations and roots underlying their money anxieties so they can make better financial decisions.
- 5 Vegetarian Lunch Bowls – If you’re looking for some quick, healthy, plant-based lunch ideas, look no further! Dietician DJ Blatner lays out 5 delicious lunches and includes a printable lunch bowl guide.
- Pandemic Depression is about to collide with seasonal depression. Here’s how to make a plan. Mental health experts worry that, because the pandemic has already triggered depressive symptoms in many Americans, more people will experience seasonal depressive symptoms this winter. Here are some tips from both providers and people who have experienced depression and seasonal depression.
- 10 Minute Guided Meditation (Progressive Muscle Relaxation and Body Scan) – Ginger.io leads us through a 10-minute meditation to help us when we are feeling anxious or overwhelmed.
- 5 COVID-Friendly Holiday Traditions That Give Back – Because of the pandemic, holiday traditions are going to look a little different this year. But one tradition that doesn’t need to go away is helping those in your community. Here are some COVID-friendly ways to give back that you can do at home or safely in-person.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Talking About Mental Health with Your Employees – Without Overstepping – Talking about mental health at work can feel tricky at best and terrifying at worst. It becomes a vicious cycle – the fewer people talk about it at work, the more the stigma grows. This article shares 3 ways to start talking about a topic that can make even the bravest leaders worry about overstepping.
About the Author
Andrea Davis, Director of Wellbeing
Andrea joined Alera Group Northeast (formerly CBP) in July 2013, bringing over 15 years of experience in management consulting and strategic solutions. As the Director of Wellbeing, she is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wellness strategies for existing and prospective Alera Group clients. She provides assistance and support to Alera Group clients by developing personalized programs that fit clients’ unique health management needs, wellness program implementation, committee development, promotion and marketing of their programs to encourage participation. In addition, Andrea conducts program analysis and generates reports related to program participation, health assessment and client utilization.